Thread: Tires

Tires

Does anyone have a set of 10" rubber for sale? (Or a source to import). I have the Yok A032Rs on right now and love them but too many laps on the local track have eaten them up quite a bit. I'll need to buy something soon and now that I have the B16 installed... sooner rather than later. Meanwhile I'm having fun!

What size of 10s are you looking for? MiniMania and Seven Enterprises both carry Mini tires and they're on the west coast.

I think I have 165/70/10s right now. 5 inch wide rim? Not sure, I just know I need rubber soon so I thought I'd start beating the bushes. I may have to just spend the big bux and order them new from Seven.

Tire Rack usually has a few 10 inch tires. Looks like the Yokos might be back ordered. You could also try http://www.minisport-usa.com/ They are real competitive on prices compared to MM or 7Ent and they won't rip you off on shipping.

if you decide to order a set of A032s from MinisportUSA(cheapest I have found, at about 75$ each) I would like to get in on a set too, so we could split shipping and maybe save some $. I could pick them up at MMW maybe. Just a thought.

Yes, I like that idea. I would need them shipped here though cause I need new rubber for the trip to Bend. You?

I have a guy here that brings over a container every year full of mini stuff from England, I'll find out when his next load is or if he is still doing that.

Todd
    Last edited by Todd; 12-29-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Tire update:
    I went to mini sport usa (Palm Bay, Florida, USA) and found their tires are $80. I'll call Monday and check on shipping to Seattle and or So. Cal. They are only open M-F.

http://www.minisport-usa.com/mini-sp...010A032RS.html

Update to the update:
    I just pretended to buy (4) and then (8) tires from the mini sport usa site. They will still be sipped from the UK the only choice online was 2-4 day air at a cost of $200 for (4) $450 for (8). I don't get that! I'll call on Monday and see if they can ship on a boat. I can't believe there aren't any A032Rs for sale in north America...

Call Mike. Don't order online. He'll combine shipments and get the shipping cost down.

At Mini Sport USA?
    Thanks for the tip.

Yes, Mike Guido,(worlds fastest clown) (Minisan V-6 Mini) Coolest Mini in NA.
    I do really need the tires now, as mine are 11 years old, hard and bald. I was thinking about putting my new American Racers on, for street use, but they are way soft, and probably won't last a year on the street, and cost 129$ each, plus shipping from Canada........Choices???
    Last edited by steve; 12-29-2012 at 09:30 PM.

What are your old bald ones?

I'm worried a bit about my "soft" A032Rs. They are the soft compound and wonder how long a new set will last. My current set only have about 6K on them and are mostly bald. Mostly due to incorrect toe-in and track days. Not to mention whenever I drive the thing, I can't help but turning HARD. I love the tires but I'm considering the 008s also. I have heard you can get 20k out of the 032Rs if you are nice though.

My old ones are A032rs, got 11 years and over 8,000 mi on them. I know I drive at least as hard as you do in town and canyons,(don't know how I have avoided tickets and accidents), but usually just drive the speed limit or less on straight highways(40-46 MPG). 90% of my 8,000 mi are straight highway, with only about 40 passes on autocross with those tires and maybe 20 laps on a 2.3 mile track. I believe they will easily go 20,000 Granny driving, but what would be the point of having sticky tires? Allignment is critical; Z wore a set of fronts to the cord in about 2 months, running about 1/2" toe-out.
    Graham, down here at Heritage Garage caries them, but you will pay 175 each, from him.
    Last edited by steve; 12-30-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    I believe they will easily go 20,000 Granny driving, but what would be the point of having sticky tires?
    Amen Brother!

I'll give them another go, I'll call Mike tomorrow (Monday) and ask about tires. Since we both want new rubber to drive to Bend on, I guess we are on our own for shipping. Thoughts?
    -Todd

Well, I think I'll let the shipping cost determine whether I get the A032s or mount up my treaded track tires on the street rims.

I failed at calling Mike today, I'll hit him up on Wednesday.

I failed at getting out of bed today, so you're ahead of me! My new Years resolution was to start getting up at 8 AM every day.....Alarm went off at 8, I re-set it for 10.....then at 10 I punched it off and rolled over. I woke up at 3 PM and it was getting dark out, so said screw it and went back to sleep.....There's always tomorrow.

I think you just live in the wrong time zone...

I just got off the phone with Mike(Mini Spares USA), he said if we go though him we can save a bit as he pays the actual weight not the inflated estimate. Also, WA doesn't pay the tax that CA does on the sale so there is a bit more savings for you if you pick them up at MMW. He mentioned you can get with others and fill the dead space of the tires with small parts and split the shipping that way.

I have a Mini meeting on the 26th and I will propose a group ship with my tires and any parts. As for you Steve, not sure what you want to do.

Timing: Mike mentioned there is a 25% sale on now (Mini spares) that usually lasts through the end of January.

Any idea what they would run, all-in shipped to CA? The savings to WA is not worth the trouble of you hauling to MMW then me back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I just got off the phone with Mike(Mini Spares USA), he said if we go though him we can save a bit as he pays the actual weight not the inflated estimate. Also, WA doesn't pay the tax that CA does on the sale so there is a bit more savings for you if you pick them up at MMW. He mentioned you can get with others and fill the dead space of the tires with small parts and split the shipping that way.

I have a Mini meeting on the 26th and I will propose a group ship with my tires and any parts. As for you Steve, not sure what you want to do.

Timing: Mike mentioned there is a 25% sale on now (Mini spares) that usually lasts through the end of January.
    Todd, just to clarify, it's Mini Sport USA. Mini Spares is completely different.

Ouch, thanks for the correction RR.

Mini Sport USA it is!
    -Todd